Azerbaijan decreases value of copper products import in 10M2020

Business Materials 1 December 2020 13:25 (UTC +04:00)
Azerbaijan decreases value of copper products import in 10M2020

BAKU, Azerbaijan, Dec.1

By Zeyni Jafarov - Trend:

Azerbaijan exported copper and its products worth $19.1 million abroad in the past 10 months of 2020, which is a decline of $6.4 million or 25.1 percent year on year, Trend reports referring to the statistical bulletin of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee.

According to the bulletin, during the reporting period, the products share in a total volume of export from Azerbaijan went up to 0.16 percent compared to 0.1 percent last year.

Meanwhile, the value of copper and its products’ import to Azerbaijan decreased by $4.2 million (16.2 percent) on an annualized basis, making up 21.7 million manat ($12.7 million). Their share in a total volume of imports to the country equaled 0.25 percent compared to 0.23 percent in 2019.

The value of foreign trade turnover of copper and its products in Azerbaijan from Jan. through Oct.2020 amounted to $40.8 million, which is $10.6 million or 20.6 percent less than in the same period of last year.

Meanwhile, the foreign trade turnover of Azerbaijan made up over $21 billion, which is 25.7 percent less compared to the same period of 2019. Of this amount, more than $12.2 billion or 58.25 percent accounted for export, and the remaining $8.8 billion or 41.75 percent – for import.

(1 USD = 1.7 manat on Dec.1)


Follow the author on Twitter: @ jafarov_zeyni