...

Azerbaijan discloses volume of foreign trade operations with Russia in Jan. 2021

Business Materials 25 February 2021 17:18
Azerbaijan discloses volume of foreign trade operations with Russia in Jan. 2021

BAKU, Azerbaijan, Feb. 25

By Zeyni Jafarov - Trend:

The export of goods from Azerbaijan to Russia in total terms amounted to about $44.7 million in January 2021, which shows a decrease of 10.7 percent compared to January 2020, Trend reports on Feb. 25 with reference to the statistical bulletin of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee.

Russia's share in Azerbaijan's total export reached 2.75 percent compared to 2.35 percent as of January 2020.

The import of Russian products to Azerbaijan reached $115.1 million in January 2021 while Russia's share in Azerbaijan's total import for the year decreased by 1.61 percentage points, amounting to 14.62 percent of the total volume.

The volume of foreign trade operations between the two countries exceeded $159.8 million in January 2021, while the trade balance between Azerbaijan and Russia remained negative over the reporting period and is estimated at $70.4 million.

In general, Azerbaijan's foreign trade turnover amounted to over $2.4 billion in January 2021. More than $1.6 billion or 67.34 percent of that volume accounted for export while the remaining $787.5 million or 32.66 percent, for import.

-----

Follow the author on Twitter: @jafarov_zeyni

Tags:
Latest

Latest