Provincial leader: Kazakh government not paying due attention to Baikonur accident
Kazakhstan, Astana, July 23 / Trend, D. Mukhtarov /
The akim (head) of Kazakhstan's Kyzylorda province Krymbek Kusherbayev believes that, the government didn't pay due attention to the "Proton" accident. He has urged Kazakhstan's Prime Minister to help facilitate a quick adoption of the Kazakh-Russian road map for the further development of Baikonur.
More than three weeks have passed since the accident, however, there are still no representatives from relevant state agencies at the spaceport yet despite that timely solutions are need, not only for the crash, but also ecological and social issues." Kusherbayev said during the meeting of the Kazak government.
According to him, unused objects at Baikonur should be invested in by Kazaakhstan in hopes of creating new opportunities.
"You are being asked to assist in accelerating the adoption of the joint road map with Russia on the development of Baikonur at the upcoming 10th Kazak-Russian regional cooperation forum in Yekaterinburg with the participation of the heads of states," the akim said.
He also added that, "it is inexcusable not to keep what was created there." "We have not reached our electricity generation capacity and still have available infrastructure and resources. There is a major railroad near the city, two airports and areas for placing new industrial enterprises, where the collection of military products was carried out previously," Kusherbayev noted.
The "Proton-M" rocket with three "Glonass-M" communication satellites crashed on the launch pad at Baikonur Cosmodrome in early July.