Iran’s state TV channel denies earthquake victims (UPDATE-3)
The details were added (the first version was posted at 16:05)
Azerbaijan, Baku, April 16 / Trend /
Iran's İRİB News state TV channel has denied reports of deaths caused by the earthquake.
Mayor of the city of Saravan, Halegi Mohammad said that the earthquake caused only three injuries in the city.
Previously, Press TV said that the earthquake killed 40 people.
It is noted that this is one of the most powerful earthquakes to hit Iran over the past 40 years.
An earthquake measuring points at a depth of 18 kilometers in Saravan city, Sistan and Baluchestan province, IRIB news channel reported on Tuesday. The earthquake occurred at a depth of about 18 kilometers.
The earthquake was also felt in the neighboring countries, in particular, the Indian capital of New Delhi.