Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Feb. 26
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Feb. 26, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Energy Ministry has created a working group to deal with the issue of water shortage in the country.
2. 12:05 GMT – Iranian Tax Department is planning to ease the procedure of paying tax on the sales of properties.
3. 12:06 GMT – Iranian garment union has said that 100 stores for offering home-made clothing items have been launched in the country.
4. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 54,712 rials in the free market. Official rate of the USD was 37,235 rials and it was traded at 44,720 rials in the free market.
5. 12:07 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 15,370,000 rials (about $343.6 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,487,000 rials (about $33.2).
6. 12:08 GMT – Main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) reached 98,098 points.
7. 12:10 GMT – Iranian manufacturers produced about 1.4 million vehicles over the first ten months of the current fiscal year (starting March 20).
8. 12:11 GMT – Report on the prices of Iranian-made cars.
9. 12:12 GMT – Report on efforts made in the country in order to increase the quality of the home-made products.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]