Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, March 18
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, March 18, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has said that the country is likely to lure more foreign investment over the coming fiscal year.
2. 12:05 GMT – Central Bank of Iran has said that the country’s economic growth over the first nine months of the current fiscal year stood at four percent.
3. 12:06 GMT – Iran’s chocolate and sweets are exported to 66 countries across the globe.
4. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 58,048 rials in the free market. The official rate of the USD was 37,691 rials and it was traded at 47,628 rials in the free market.
5. 12:07 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. The gold coin was traded at 16,190,000 rials (about $ 339.9 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,533,000 rials (about $32.1).
6. 12: 08 GMT – China and Germany have called for tackling the US decision to impose steep tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
7. 12:09 GMT – Report on the prices of domestic cars.
8. 12:11 GMT – Iran’s carpet exports over the first ten months of the current year rose by 20 percent.
9. 12:13 GMT – Iranian industry ministry has issued 937 permissions for exploring new mines in the country.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]