Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, April 7
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 11:00 GMT, April 7, on IRINN TV.
1. 11:03 GMT – Iran and Turkey have inked a MoU on cooperation in the food industry.
2. 11:04 GMT – Iran Trade Promotion Organization has set a deadline of 180 days for clearing goods from customs.
3. 11:05 GMT – Construction of cheap flats under Mehr Housing Scheme has been completed by 80 percent.
4. 11:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 60,979 rials in the free market. The official rate of the USD was 37,814 rials and it was traded at 49,090 rials in the free market.
5. 11:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. The gold coin was traded at 17,800,000 rials (about $ 362.5 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,613,000 rials (about $32.8).
6. 11: 08 GMT – The main index of Tehran Stock Exchange hit 96,780.
7. 11:08 GMT – The volume of trips during Nowruz holidays this year increased by 15 percent compared to last year.
8. 11:10 GMT – Report on the prices of homemade cars.
9. 11:11 GMT – Iran plans to exchange 1,400 megawatts of electricity with Iraq.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]