TEHRAN, Iran, June 7
Iran will continue to implement health protocols on domestic flights, including the 60-percent limit on the amount of passengers per flight, said head of Iran Aviation Organization Toraj Dehghan Zangeneh, Trend reports citing ISNA.
He went on to add that this will continue until the Health Ministry of Iran says otherwise.
"The country's airline companies and aviation industry are obligated to comply with protocols until the country would reach a balanced situation regarding COVID-19," he said.
"Naturally people's health is the priority and airline companies should comply with health protocols including 60 percent passenger seat limitation," he said.
"Airline companies that previously violated health protocols were fined," he said.
Iran continues to monitor the coronavirus situation in the country. Reportedly, the disease was brought to Iran by a businessman from Iran's Qom city, who went on a business trip to China, despite official warnings. The man died later from the disease.
The Islamic Republic of Iran only announced its first infections and deaths from the coronavirus on Feb. 19. The pandemic hit a wide range of businesses in Iran since its outbreak in mid-February.
The outbreak in the Chinese city of Wuhan - which is an international transport hub - began at a fish market in late December 2019. The World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11 declared COVID-19 a pandemic. Some sources claim the coronavirus outbreak started as early as November 2019.