Former California Governor
Arnold Schwarzenegger is putting his showbiz comeback on hold as he struggles with the fallout of his latest scandal, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.
The move came just days after it emerged that the former action movie star had fathered a child with his family's housekeeper 13 years ago and never told his wife or voters about it until last week, DPA reported.
"At the request of Arnold Schwarzenegger we asked Creative Artists Agency to inform all his motion picture projects currently underway or being negotiated to stop planning until further notice," the paper quoted Schwarzenegger lawyer Patrick Knapp as saying. "Governor Schwarzenegger is focusing on personal matters and is not willing to commit to any production schedules or timelines."
The announcement coincided with efforts of producers at the Cannes Film Festival to sell rights to a movie called Cry Macho, which would have begun filming this summer with Schwarzenegger in the starring role of a man suddenly forced to raise an 11-year-old boy.
The statement from the star's attorney specifically included that movie as well as plans for a new episode of The Terminator and other projects as being suspended.
The scandal erupted just days after Schwarzenegger, 63, and his wife Maria Shriver, 55, announced their separation after 25 years of marriage and four children together. According to a report Thursday by Radaronline.com, Schwarzenegger only admitted his paternity of the child after Shriver became suspicious and confronted her ex-housekeeper who broke down and told her the truth.