Survey: US, Armenia – Turkey’s main enemies
Baku, Azerbaijan, Sept. 20
By Rufiz Hafizoglu - Trend:
According to the survey conducted by the Arastirma Degerlendirme Analiz (ADA) research center, 94.5 percent of the participants consider the US the biggest enemy of Turkey, Trend reports on Sept. 20 referring to the Turkish media.
Over 1700 people took part in the survey.
According to the survey, 2.9 percent of respondents consider the US a friend, while 2.6 refrained from answering.
Some 95.4 percent of the survey participants consider Armenia the second “biggest” enemy of Turkey.
Some 0.2 percent of the participants consider Armenia a friend, while 4.4 percent refused to answer this question.
According to the survey, 84.4 percent of the participants consider Germany an enemy, 6.1 percent – as a friend, while 9.5 declined to answer.
Further, 83 percent of respondents consider Azerbaijan as Turkey’s biggest friend and reliable partner, while the remaining 17 percent abstained.
Some 16.3 percent of respondents also consider Russia a friend and partner of Turkey, while 71 percent say that Russia is also an enemy of Turkey, while 12.7 percent refrained from responding.
While answering the question “what is Turkey’s biggest problem?”, 44.9 percent of the respondents answered - economy, 17 percent - unemployment, six percent - Syrian refugees, 5.2 percent - terror, 2.9 - violation of human rights and principles of democracy.
Some 24 percent of the survey participants refrained from answering.
Follow the author on Twitter: @rhafizoglu