Azerbaijani company discloses timeframe for implementation of project in Uzbekistan
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Dec. 18
By Matanat Nasibova – Trend:
Implementation of a costly water and sewer project in Uzbekistan’s Syrdarya region by the Azerbaijani Texno-Atinak construction company will be completed in three months, official representative of the Azerbaijani company in Uzbekistan Elnur Ahmadov told Trend on Dec. 18.
“The project worth $12 million will be fully implemented in March 2020,” the official representative added. "Presently, the construction work is underway, most of it has already been completed."
Ahmadov added that 160 kilometers of polyethylene pipes are being laid as part of the project and 95 percent of the work has already been completed.
The official representative said that the project is funded by the World Bank and the Uzbek government.
"At the same time, 70 percent of the funds accounted for the international financial institution while the remaining 30 percent was invested through Uzbekistan," Ahmadov said.
Besides the implementation of infrastructure projects abroad, the company also rents various equipment and devices, including excavators, trucks, mobile construction cranes and compressors.
The company was established in 2011 with the aim of implementing infrastructure projects in the region.
Follow the author on Twitter: @MatanatNasibova