Coal Gas Poisoning Cases- More Frequent in Azerbaijani Nakhchivan AR

Other News Materials 16 January 2008 16:56 (UTC +04:00)

Azerbaijan, Nakhchivan 16 January / Last week, six died of the coal gas in the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic (NAR) of Azerbaijan, due to variable supply of the natural gas.

Three members of a family, the residents of Sharur region, Samad Mammadov, his wife- Tamilla Mammadova and their son -Jeyhun Mammadov - died early morning of 16 January. Switch off and switch on of the central gas was the cause of the incident

Several days ago, the residents of Nehram village in the Babek region, Rasul Askarov and his wife Nargiz Askarova got poisoned of the coal gas. The same happened in Shahbuz. Mahammad Aliyev died in the bathroom of his apartment.

As a result of the instable weather, the demand of natural gas increased in NAR. Therefore, the fuel is supplied in breaks.

The area of NAR is 5.5km sq m, which constitutes 6.4% of the Azerbaijan's territory. Nakhchivan consists of Babek, Sharur, Ordubad, Sadarak, Shahbuz, Julfa and Kangarli regions.