Incorrect Use of Gas Appliances Causes Increase in Number of Gas Poisoning – Azerigas Head
Azerbaijan, Baku, 1 February / Trend corr. E.Huseynli / An increase in the number of people poisoned with carbon monoxide is not connected with the mixture of gas in Azerbaijan, Alikhan Malikov, the head of the Azerigas CJSC, stated during the press-conference on 1 February.
The number of those poisoned with carbon monoxide has doubled recently. From mid-January, seven deaths were registered as a result of gas poisoning in the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic (NAR) of Azerbaijan. About 50 people died as a result of gas poisoning in January in other regions of Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry has distributed a warning.
According to Malikov, gas poisoning has occurred due to the public using the wrong gas appliances. The mixture of natural gas which is supplied to the public is frequently checked.