Georgia, Tbilisi, June 8 / Trend , N.Kirtzkhalia/
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili issued a decree to form the Constitutional Commission on June 8 in 2009, the presidential administration reported.
To develop Georgia's law on "Amendments and changes to Georgian Constitution", regarding requirements of the Article 102 of the constitution:
1. To form the constitutional commission of Georgia.
2. To appoint Professor of the Ivan Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Avtandil Demetrashvili as the chairman of the commission.
3. The chairman of the commission should submit regulations of the commission for approval by June 14 in 2009.
4. To partake in the commission's activity:
The political organizations, including the Unified National Movement, Christian-Democratic Movement, Laborite Party, Kartuli Dasi, We Ourselves, Republican Party, Conservative Party, Industry to Save Georgia, New Rights, Way of Georgia, People's Party, Movement for the Unified Georgia, National Forum, Freedom, National Democratic Party, Democratic Party of Georgia, Movement for Fair Georgia, Alliance for Georgia, Democratic Movement- Unified Georgia, Georgia's Women Party - For Justice and Equality and Union of Traditionalists can nominate one candidate to the commission's chairman in a written form.
The following governmental agencies and persons, defined by the constitution can submit a candidature to the chairman of the commission in a written form: the president of Georgia - three members; the Parliament of Georgia - three members, the Government of Georgia - three members, the Supreme Judiciary Council - one member, the Supreme Court of Georgia - one member, the Constitutional Court of Georgia - one member, the Security Council of Georgia - one member, Chamber of Control of Georgia - one member, National Bank of Georgia - one member, the Public Defender of Georgia - one member, the following must submit one candidate in a written form: the Supreme Council of Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia, the Supreme Council of Autonomous Republic of Adjara; temporary administration of former Autonomous District of South Ossetia.
The following non-governmental organizations could provide one candidate for a commission: the Association of Young Lawyers, Fair Elections, New Generation - New Initiative, Fund Alpe, Liberty Institute, Youth Organization of the United Nations, International Transparency - Georgia, 42th article of the Constitution and Caucasian Institute.
5. Nominations, defined by the 4th paragraph should be submitted to the committee chairman by June 20, 2009.
6. The commission must represent academic staff: Gia Getsadze, Vasil Gonashvili, Kakhiani Gyorgy, Gyorgy Kverenchhiladze, Malkhaz Matsaberidze, Zaza Rukhadze, Jacob Futkaradze, Kakhi Kurashvili, Nana Chigladze, Zurab Djibgashvili, David Aprasidze, Ketevan Kokrashvili, Soso Tsintsadze, Zaza Bibilashvili, Marina Garishvili, Mzia Lekveishvili, Gia Nodia, Tornike Gordadze, Zurab Davitashvili.
7. Public institutions and organizations should assist the Commission in carrying out the draft of a constitutional law.
8. Ask the Government of Georgia to present chairman of the commission.