Azerbaijan, Baku, Aug.30 / Trend, K.Zerbaliyeva /
Azerbaijan announced the names of several judges who were dismissed today.
The Judicial and Legal Council terminated five judges for abusing their posts:
- Shahin Atakishiyev - Judge, Nizami District Court;
- Alekber Guliyev - Judge, Heinous Crimes Court;
- Javanshir Mammadov - Judge, Lankaran Region Court;
- Bahram Shukurov - Judge, Khatai District Court;
- Maisa Huseynova - Judge, Shusha Region Court.
The decision was made at a council meeting under the chairmanship of Justice Minister Fikrat Mammadov. The list was submitted to President Ilham Aliyev for approval
The additional five judges were sent into retirement due to old age:
- Huseyin Talibov, Rasul Safarov, Rahman Mirzayev - Judges, Baku Appeals Court;
- Gadir Hasanov - Judge, Ganja Appeals Court;
-Salman Babayev - Judge, Kapaz District Court.
Khatai District Court Judge Saadat Salimova, Zardab Regional Court Judge Agammad Garayev and Agdam Regional Military Court Judge Abbas Abbasov were rebuked.