Azerbaijani student scoring 700 points dreamt of nothing else but Baku Higher Oil School
Baku, Azerbaijan, Aug. 25
Arzu Hasanli was born in Berde in 1999. She graduated from Z.Aliyeva technical lyceum in Berde in 2015. She was awarded with Decree of Honour several times at school. During school years Arzu participated in the country range social events and brain ring competitions. After reaching 700 points during 2015/2016 admission exams of the State Students Admission Commission, she became a student of the process automation specialization of the Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS).
- How could you manage to score the highest entrance score? Does it require special talent or just luck?
- One proverb says: " There are no gains without pains". I do not think that it demands special talent. The only thing you need is to be prepared for daily classes and listen attentively to the teachers. I was always responsible during my school years. During the secondary school years I defined my goal - to enter the university with the highest score. So I did my best. I would like to underline that I had no free time because I totally focused on my lessons. While having a rest, I just ate and slept. I stopped watching television and other activity during that period. I participated in all trial exams before the entrance exam and the highest score of my trial exams was 670. I can say that the very trial exams helped me. Thus with trials I figured out my weak points and began to work on these questions harder. Thanks God that I justified the hopes.
- What can you say about the admission exam itself? Can you share your impressions before and after the exam?
- Actually the exam was organized successfully. Frankly speaking I was a little bit anxious and hesitating. So I began with easy questions to overcome my anxiety. After the exam I checked the questions and was sure that I answered correctly. When I knew that I gained the highest score, I was so glad that I could not express it with a single word. First I shared my delight with my family and then with my teachers and close people.
- Why did you choose BHOS and this specialization and what was your goal while making this choice?
- I was aware that I had to gain a high score in order to enter BHOS and I did my best. Petroleum industry is one of the developed fields in our country, it needs the specialised staff in the process automation engineering. That is, I would like to be one of the best specialists in this sphere. As for choosing BHOS, it attracted me as a higher education institute providing free and high level education totally in English. Furthermore, it offers the students a wide range of opportunities and conditions. It gives future career chances and some other features that differ it from other higher educational institutes. I always thought of BHOS. Even in the choice blank form I put down only one specialization as BHOS was my dream to become an internationally specialised engineer in the future.
- What is your greatest wish?
- Well, I wished to score 700 points and to enter BHOS which I already succeeded in. Now I would like to graduate BHOS successfully and to become a professional engineer.
- What are your future plans?
- I am planning to graduate BHOS with distinction, to get my master degree abroad and afterwards to work at SOCAR.