...

SOCAR conducts 3D-seismic operations upon operating company's order

Oil&Gas Materials 11 May 2011 19:01

Azerbaijan, Baku, May 11 / Trend E. Ismayilov /
SOCAR conducts total geophysical surveys (a part of 3D-seismic operations) on the "Garachuhur" field, a source at SOCAR said.

"We carry out total seismic studies on the "Garachuhur" field," he said. "They are planned to be completed in August."

He said that data processing and interpretation, to be received as a result of Geophysical Research, are planned to be completed in October.

SOCAR and Noble Sky signed a contract to develop and rehabilitate the field in 2004. The equity participation in the contract is distributed as follows - 75 percent fall to Noble Sky, and the remaining 25 percent - the share of SOCAR's affiliated company.

The Garachuhur filed is located in the central part of the Absheron Peninsula, 12 kilometers east of Baku. The field was discovered in 1928. Oil reserves at the field are estimated at 41.9 million tons, of which 36.2 million tons were produced, the rest reserves hit 5.64500 million tons. The fund of production wells for the field consisted of 121 wells, 45 of which were in working condition at the time of signing the contract.

Tags:
Latest

Latest