Consumption of oil products in Azerbaijan ups by over 27 per cent
Azerbaijan, Baku, 19 March / Trend E.Ismayilov /
Around 772,600 tons of oil products were delivered to the Azerbaijani domestic market in January-February 2013 compared to 605,400 tons in January-February 2012, the State Statistics Committee told Trend on Tuesday.
Around 4.8 million tons of petroleum products were delivered to the Azerbaijani domestic market in 2012, or 8.8 per cent more than in 2011.
The committee said that in particular, supplying petrol, diesel fuel, fuel oil, liquefied gas and other petroleum products to the domestic market increased in January-February.
Around 1.03 million tons of Azerbaijani oil products were delivered to consumers (including exports) in January-February or 18.1 per cent more than in January-February last year.
Around 75.1 per cent of the total volume of petroleum products delivered to customers was sold on the domestic market, while the remaining 24.9 per cent went to export.