Baku, Azerbaijan, April 6
By Ali Mustafayev – Trend:
The hunger strike of Batumi port workers of KazTransOil JSC was stopped thanks for negotiations of the board members with the workers, the press service of KazTransOil said in a message.
"Daniyar Muhamed-Rahim, Director General of Batumi Seaport LLC, has filed an application for termination of his powers, taking into account the risks of worsening of the health of the hunger strikers. In this regard, the hunger strike was stopped at 21.00 Astana time," the message said.
Two participants of the hunger strike were discharged from the hospital, according to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection of Adjara.
The Batumi seaport is operating in regular mode.
Previously, 8 employees of the port announced a hunger strike. The demands of the protesters related to the reinstatement of previously dismissed workers, who reached the retirement age, the issuance of financial assistance for the Easter holiday, the revision of the insurance package, an increase of the salaries, as well as dismissal of the director general of Batumi Seaport LLC.
The administration was offered to start negotiations within the framework of the mediation procedure stipulated by the labor legislation of Georgia and to consider all the issues raised jointly with the trade union of the port.