Wells completed at Bahar-Gum Deniz block
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Jan.7
By Leman Zeynalova – Trend:
The US Greenfields Petroleum Company, which operates the Bahar-Gum Deniz project in Azerbaijan through its subsidiary BEOC, has updated on wells completed at the block as of November 2020, Trend reports.
The following wells have been completed at Bahar-Gum Deniz:
- B-172 Fishing/Recompletion. Continues. Expected gas rate is 50 Mm3/d free gas. Actual cost 86 $.
- B-197 Fishing/Recompletion. Expected gas rate is 60 Mm3/d free gas. Actual cost 33 $.
- GD-202 Fishing . Expected oil rate is 7 t/d. Actual cost 60.5 M $.
- GD-413 Well service. ESP replacement planned. Well produces 2 ton/d oil, 270 ton/d water and 1 Mm3/d solution gas. Actual cost 43.2M $.
- GD-418 Well service. ESP replacement planned. Plan is to clean wellbore. Perform INNK log and continue as per Log results. Ongoing. Actual cost 25M $.
- GD-465 Well service. ESP replace. Well produces oil rate is 3 ton/d water rate is 90 ton/d, solution gas is 1 Mm3/d. Actual cost 27.6M $.
Greenfields Petroleum Corporation is a junior oil and natural gas company focused on the development and production of proven oil and gas reserves principally in Azerbaijan. Through its wholly owned subsidiary Bahar Energy Limited (BEL), the corporation owns an 80 percent interest in the Exploration, Rehabilitation, Development and Production Sharing Agreement (the “ERDPSA”) with the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan ("SOCAR") and its affiliate SOCAR Oil Affiliate (“SOA”) in respect of the offshore block known as Bahar Gum Deniz (the “Bahar Project”) which includes the Bahar Gas Field and the Gum Deniz Oil Field.
The Bahar Project is operated by BEOC, a wholly owned subsidiary of BEL, under the terms of a Joint Operating Agreement.
The Bahar Gas Field consists of 45 offshore platforms including a central processing and metering platform to gather the gas for onward transport through a three 12-inch pipelines to the shore-based gas and liquid handling facilities. The platforms, in most cases are built on 24 to 30 pilings each in an average water depth of about 16 metres.
The Gum Deniz Oil Field is located south of the Absheron peninsula, 21 km south of Baku, between Gum Island and the Bahar Gas Field. The Gum Deniz Oil Field extends from onshore Gum Island, which is 2.5 km from the mainland to the south in the Caspian Sea. The Gum Deniz Oil Field is found along the Fatmai–Gum Adasi anticlinal trend which includes the Bahar and Shakh Deniz structures. Oil in the Gum Deniz Oil Field is trapped in a north-south trending structure that is approximately 16 kilometres in length and 3 kilometres in width. The Gum Deniz Oil Field is structurally up-dip from the Bahar Gas Field.
Follow the author on Twitter: @Lyaman_Zeyn