BAKU, Azerbaijan, Jan. 12
By Tamilla Mammadova – Trend:
Georgia will purchase 200 million cubic meters of Russian natural gas in 2021, Trend reports referring to the balance of natural gas approved by the Georgian Ministry of Economy.
Georgia will buy Russian gas from the Russian state energy corporation Gazprom Export. The share of Russian gas in the country's gas supply is 7.32 percent.
Georgia will cover about 92 percent of its gas demand from gas purchased from Azerbaijan. This year, Georgia will receive 2.52 billion cubic meters of natural gas from Azerbaijan. Accordingly, the share of Azerbaijani gas in total consumption will be 92.3 percent.
Azerbaijani natural gas will be supplied from:
1) Shah Deniz Consortium - 1.014 billion cubic meters, an increase of 125 million cubic meters year-on-year;
2) SOCAR - 1.504 billion cubic meters, an increase of 80 million cubic meters.
According to the forecast of the Ministry of Economy, in 2021 the consumption of natural gas in Georgia will grow by 186 million cubic meters and will reach 2.73 billion cubic meters.
Local production of natural gas this year will amount to 11 million cubic meters, which will provide only 0.4 percent of the total gas consumption in Georgia.
Gas consumption forecast for 2021 is as follows:
1) Population - 1.129 billion cubic meters of gas, an increase of 41 million cubic meters;
2) Thermal power plants - 665 million cubic meters, an increase of 79 million cubic meters;
3) Commercial sector - 900 million cubic meters, an increase of 60 million cubic meters.
Follow the author on Twitter: @Mila61979356