Tehran Municipality to hold int’l tender for bike-sharing system
Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec. 9
By Fatih Karimov – Trend:
Traffic and Transportation Organization of Tehran Municipality (TTTO) intends to hold an international tender for establishment, operation and maintenance of a bike-sharing system in the central districts of the Iranian capital city.
Subject: Identification and evaluation of legal persons for concession of establishment, operation and maintenance of the bike-sharing system in Tehran's central districts (Project), based on a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) contractual framework, with a view to promote quality and efficiency of the first and the last trips, reducing air pollution of private vehicles, encouraging cycling on short trips and increasing the sustainable share of bike trips.
General Specifications of the Project:
1. The minimum term of the contract includes one year of construction and commissioning period and five years of operation and maintenance period.
2. The project is located in the central regions of Tehran (districts 6, 7, 11 and 12) with an approximate area of 35 square kilometers. The exact boundary of the project will be determined according to system requirements, such as transportation network connectivity.
3. The initial number of the intended bicycles would be 15,250, all of which should be city, multi-gear bikes, and a part of them may benefit the hybrid technology.
4. Based on the Bicycle Master Plan of Tehran, 152,500 daily trips are expected up to five years after starting bike-sharing operation.
5. TTTO’s approach to the project is to provide non-resource financing by the Investor. Nevertheless, an incentive package may be presented towards the reduction of public user’s payments.
6. Type of the system and its technical details (such as kiosk-rack system, GPS system or combination of both) can be proposed by applicants. TTTO will declare its final decision in RFP stage, after investigating all the proposals.
7. The quality and ease of use for public users are emphasized.
8. The bicycle paths would be constructed by TTTO or an Iranian partner of the applicant.
Minimum Qualifications of the Applicants:
1. The applicants must have international long-term experience in bike-sharing systems proportionate with conditions of the project.
2. Non-Iranian investors would be selected among eligible joint venture of Iranian and international firms.
1. Identification documents, including corporate charter, authorized signatories, registration and identification profile (valid address and telephone).
2. Relevant resume and experiences.
3. Copy of relevant certificates and licenses.
4. For non-Iranian investors: copy of joint venture document with an Iranian party and its characteristics.
5. A print version of preliminary proposal (first feedbacks), including methodology of the project in a PowerPoint file on CD.
All printed documents should be stamped and signed by authorized signatories in a sealed envelope with name of the company and the project.
Proposal submission deadline: Jan. 23, 2018
Address for submission of documents: Green Transportation Development Department of TTTO, No.133, North Iranshahr St., Karim Khan Zand Ave., Tehran, Iran.
Postal Code: 1583616515