Investigation over killing of 15 people in Kazakh border completed
Azerbaijan, Baku, Oct. 4 / Trend E. Kosolapova/
The investigation over the case of Kazakh border guard Vladislav Chelakh, suspected of killing 14 soldiers and one ranger in May 2012 on the frontier post Arkankergen has been completed, Chelakh's lawyer Tolegen Berlikozhanov told Novosti-Kazakhstan.
"The investigation has been completed. Now the evaluation period of the process is underway. I think the case will be transferred to the court approximately in mid-November," Berlikozhanov said.
On May 30 a fire took place on Arkankergen border post on Kazakh-Chinese border. In summer 15 frontier guards serve at this post. Some 15 corpses were founded at the scene including 14 border guards and a ranger from the nearby hunting ground. The fifteenth border guard was found alive near the post. Later border guard Vladislav Chelakh confessed that he killed his colleagues and then set fire to the barracks, where they were. Chelakh named internal conflicts and clouding of consciousness as the reason of killing his colleagues. However, later he refused this confession and said the border post had been attacked.