Kazakh prosecutor's office rejects information on 18 killed at Arkankergen border port
Azerbaijan, Baku, Nov. 21 / Trend E. Kosolapova/
Around 15 corpses were found at Arkankergen border port on the Kazakh-Chinese border, Novosti-Kazakstan quoted Kazakh Prosecutor General's Office official representative Nurdaulet Suinikov as saying on Wednesday.
Earlier, the lawyer of border guard Vladislav Chelakh accused of mass murder at Arkankergen border post - Serik Sarsenov said that some 18 people not 15 were killed at the post.
"I officially say that 18 corpses, not 15 were found at the scene," Sarsenov told reporters on Tuesday during a break in Chelakh's case hearing.
According to Sarsenov, the documents of the case contain this information.
According to official version, some 15 bodies were found at the Arkankergen border post in late May including 14 border guards and a ranger. Border guard Vladislav Chelakh confessed that he killed his colleagues. However, later he refuted this confession and said the border post had been attacked.