Kazakh Security Committee: All involved in attacks in Aktobe arrested
All participants of the recent attacks in Kazakhstan's Aktobe have been neutralized and arrested, and their their weapons have been confiscated, Kazakhstan's National Security Committee said on Sunday.
On June 5, unidentified armed assailants attacked two gun shops and a military unit in Aktobe. As a result of the attack, at least 7 people were killed, including three servicemen, and 38 injured. In response, the country's authorities announced an anti-terrorist operation.
"All the participants of the violent acts in the city of Aktobe have been neutralized and arrested by the Aktobe regional operational headquarters for the fight against terrorism," the committee said in a statement.
The committee added that all the weapons at the disposal of the arrested had been confiscated.
According to the committee, the situation in Aktobe is calm and is under control of the law enforcement, who ensure the safety of citizens and the rule of law in the city.