BAKU, Azerbaijan, November 30. The Ministry of Transport and Communications of Kyrgyzstan has purchased road construction equipment, Minister of Transport and Communications of Kyrgyzstan Tilek Tekebaev said on November 29, Trend reports citing the ministry's press service.
According to him, the Kyrgyzavtozhol state enterprise recently opened a tender for the purchase of road construction equipment. The winner was SMK LLC, which offered the lowest price for equipment and the most optimal option - 30 percent prepayment, the remaining 70 percent in installments for a period of 1.5 years, without interest.
The contract was concluded for the supply of 32 units of road construction equipment, 65 million soms ($769,708) were allocated from the state budget to pay off the prepayment.
Thus far, 21 units of equipment have been received to date, the remaining 11 units of equipment will arrive from Khorgos station in the near future.
The ministry currently has about 1,500 vehicles, about 70 percent of which are used for the maintenance and construction of roads, and 30 percent of the equipment is outdated.