Azerbaijan , Baku, Sept. 20 /Trend T.Konyayeva/
The Iranian government has allocated $50 million to re-settle people residing in the Heleylah and Bandargah villages located near the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant (NPP), Iranian MP Gulamali Meigholinejad was quoted as saying by asriran.com.
Meigolinejad said the Interior Ministry and Iran's Atomic Energy Organization agreed to task the Bushehr province executive power to deal with the resettlement process, which should be completed in two years.
Population in the Heleylah village and Bandargah village is about 2, 000 and 2, 200 people, respectively. Since the construction of the Bushehr NPP started 37 years ago, these villages' residents were banned from building any new premises. Greenery will be planted in this territory after the removal of the villages.
On Sept. 12, Bushehr NPP was inaugurated in the presence of Iranian and Russian top officials
Bushehr NPP has been connected to Iran's electricity network on Sept. 4 and has supplied about 60 megawatt of electricity to the country's electric network since its connection to the grid.
The final production capacity of Bushehr NPP is 1000 megawatt electricity. Now, the plant produces 250-450 megawatt electricity while it is expected that these figures will reach 900-1000 megawatt on three months.
Bushehr is the first nuclear power plant in Iran and throughout the Middle East. The plant began to be built by the German Kraftwerk Union in 1974. In 1980 the contract was terminated during the Western German government's accession to the U.S. embargo on supplying equipment to Iran.
On Aug. 25, 1992, Russia and Iran signed an agreement to continue construction of the nuclear power plant. In January 1995, a contract to complete work on the first power unit was signed, and in 1998 construction management was transferred to AtomStroyExport.