Presidential candidate Rouhani says former candidate Aref's candidacy still in bulletin
Azerbaijan, Baku, June 14 /Trend S.Isayev, D. Khatinoglu/
Presidential candidate Hassan Rouhani has sent a letter of complaint to the Guardian Council, noting that the name of former presidential candidate Mohammad Reza Aref is still present in the voting bulletin, in some polling stations, KhabarOnline news portal reported.
Mohammad Reza Nematzadeh, head of Hassan Rouhani's electoral campaign said that this issue will lead to confusion among people who are supporters of Aref, and eventually their votes will get discounted.
Other reformists-owned news portal Jaras News reported that Rouhani's official website got blocked in the last hour because the webmasters of the site requested the people who voted for Rouhani to submit them the voting papers.
The 11th presidential elections have officially started today in Iran.
There are six candidates participating in the current presidential elections: Secretary of Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei, Supreme National Security Council Secretary Saeed Jalili, former Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Velayati, Tehran Mayor Mohammad-Baqer Qalibaf, President of the Strategic Research Center of the Expediency Council Hassan Rohani, and former Telecommunications Minister Mohammad Gharazi.
It was previously announced that the voting time during presidential elections in Iran has been extended due to high amount of people willing to cast their votes.
The primary results of the election will be announced by the Iranian Interior Ministry, and would be then approved by the Guardian Council.