(Reuters) - A suicide car-bomber attacked a NATO convoy on a busy road in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Monday wounding six people including three NATO soldiers, police and NATO said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast but Taliban insurgents have claimed a string of similar attacks this year as Afghanistan endures its most serious violence since the Taliban were ousted in 2001.
The bomber was killed in the blast, police said. A NATO spokesman said a NATO vehicle was the bomber's target. The three wounded soldiers were in a stable condition, he said. He did not give their nationality.
Suicide attacks used to be rare in Afghanistan but there have been about 70 since January last year, mostly targeting foreign and government forces. About 200 people have been killed, most of them civilians.
Twelve people including some policemen were killed in a suicide blast outside the Interior Ministry in Kabul on Saturday. Last month some 16 people were killed near the U.S. embassy in the worst suicide attack in the capital since the Taliban's fall, reports Trend.