TEHRAN, Iran, April. 14
Iran Atomic Organization spokesman announced that the preparation for execution of the 60 percent uranium enrichment will begin in Natanz nuclear facility.
"Tehran has immediately submitted design information questionnaire (DIQ) on 60 percent enrichment to the IAEA Organization, and that as of tonight, the preparation for execution of the enrichment will begin in Natanz nuclear facility," Iran Atomic Organization spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi said, Trend reports citing AEOI official website.
Iran deputy minister of foreign affairs Abbas Araqchi, in Vienna, confirmed the AEOI reports.
He went on to say that Iran will start 60 percent enrichment.
"Iran has sent a letter to IAEA Organization notifying the agency on 60 percent," said Araqchi.
Araqchi also said, in addition to replacing damaged centrifuges in Natanz, Iran will add 1000 more machines with 50 percent higher enrichment capacity.
He went in to say that the Joint Commission meeting, previously scheduled to take place on Wednesday, has been postponed for one day and will be held on Thursday due to health protocols. The reason is that a member of the EU political delegation has contracted COVID-19.