Moroccan Interior Minister
Taieb Cherkaoui said Saturday the country had to remain watchful against further terror attacks after the bombing in Marrakech that killed 16 people, dpa reported.
"We must remain vigilant," he said, according to Morrocan media reports, with security measures having been tightened throughout the country after Thursday's bombing.
Meanwhile Moroccan King Mohammed VI visited the terror bombing site in Marrakech on Saturday to inform himself directly about the situation.
He also visited local hospitals to meet with those injured in the attack.
So far, 13 of the 16 fatalities in the remote-control bombing of the landmark Argana cafe had been identified. They included 7 French, 2 Moroccans, 2 Canadians, one Dutch and one British national.
Of 25 wounded in the blast, 14 were still in hospital, officials said.
Authorities said that the attack bore the hallmarks of terror network Al-Qaeda. The device, loaded with nails, was set off by remote control. The explosive material was the same type used in the devastating London underground bombings in July 2005.
Police were now searching for a young Arab man as a suspect, based on descriptions given by eyewitnesses who saw him carrying two bags into the Argana cafe, a popular tourist spot with its terrace overlooking the main Jamaa El Fna market square.
The attack followed two months of pro-democracy reforms. They prompted King Mohammed VI to announce a constitutional reform cutting his powers and increasing those of parliament.
The terrorist attack was the worst in Morocco since 2003, when a string of bombings targeting Western and Jewish interests killed 33 civilians and 12 bombers in Casablanca.
Human rights groups in the meantime have expressed fears that the bloodbath might trigger a wave of police repression against Islamists such as occurred after 2003 bombings when thousands of people were arrested as suspects.