Six ruled out as terror suspects in Denmark
( dpa ) - A Danish state prosecutor Friday said six people who were briefly detained in September in connection with a series of police raids were no longer under suspicion of terror.
Prosecutor Lise-Lotte Nilas told Danish news agency Ritzau that the investigation against the six was dropped due to the evidence.
Two other men arrested in the September raids have been held in custody since then.
Earlier this week the two, aged aged 22 and 21, were charged on suspicion of "preparing one or several bombs for use in a terror act" and for making the explosive triacetone triperoxide (TATP).
A third defendant, a 23-year-old man arrested in November, was charged with inciting the abduction of Danish nationals in foreign countries in order to secure the release of the two.
None of the three men have been named.
A similar raid in October 2005 resulted in seven arrests but only four were brought to trial. Three were subsequently freed while a fourth suspect was sentenced in February 2007 to seven years in prison.