A senior Pakistani official has admitted for the first time that last year's attacks in the Indian city of Mumbai were partly planned in Pakistan, BBC reported.
Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik said that several suspects are now being held and a case has been filed which may lead to their prosecution.
Pakistan has already admitted the sole gunman captured alive was Pakistani.
At least 173 people were killed in the attacks in Mumbai (Bombay). India said all 10 gunmen were Pakistani.
In the immediate aftermath of the attacks, Pakistan denied that it was in any way involved.But on Thursday Mr Malik told a news conference: "Some part of the conspiracy has taken place in Pakistan. We have lodged an FIR [first information report] into the case."