Afghan battle kills, injures over 100 militants: official
Afghan security forces have killed and injured more than 100 anti-government militants in the militancy-plagued southern and eastern regions, Afghan Ministry for Defense said in a press release Tuesday. "More than 100 rebels have been killed and injured over the past 24 hours," Defense Ministry spokesman General Zahir Azimi said in a short press release, Xinhua reported.
It also added that 10 military personnel had been martyred across the country over the period.
However, he did not give more details in the press release.
Taliban militants have yet to make comment.
The military official has said in an interview recently that Afghan security forces would be ready by 2013 to take completely responsibilities and to fight Taliban militants without the direct help of international forces.