Two NATO soldiers killed in blast in southern Afghanistan
Two NATO soldiers died in an explosion in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday, the military said, DPA reported.
The two International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) troops were killed by a roadside bomb, the military alliance said in a statement.
ISAF did not reveal the nationalities of the deceased. Most of the soldiers stationed in the southern provinces are from the United States, Britain, Canada and the Netherlands.
Most NATO fatalities this year have been caused by homemade bombs.
Tuesday's deaths took the total number of foreign troops killed in Afghanistan so far this year to 247, according to iCasualties.org, an independent website that tracks military fatalities.
The US and NATO plan to increase the total number of troops to 150,000 by this summer. The military escalation is intended to drive the Taliban out of their home base of Kandahar province.