Kremlin claims no invite from Turkey to talks on aviation incidents
The Kremlin has not received an invitation from Turkey to talks with a delegation of military experts on aviation incidents, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Oct.9, Russian RIA Novosti news agency reported.
Earlier, Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman Tanju Bilgic said Ankara had sent Moscow an invitation to talks with military specialists on the Russian military aircraft violation of the country's airspace on October 3.
The Russian Defense Ministry confirmed that on October 3 an Su-30 Flanker multirole fighter had briefly entered Turkish airspace for a few seconds due to poor weather conditions. Moscow officially apologized for what it said had been a "misunderstanding" and vowed to avoid such incidents in future.
"The Turkish Foreign Ministry has not sent anything to the Kremlin," Peskov told reporters, adding that an invitation must be sent to the Russian Foreign Ministry.
On September 30, Russia's Sukhoi Su-25, Su-24M and Su-34 attack aircraft, with the support of Su-30 jets, began precision airstrikes against ISIL targets in Syria, following a request from Syrian President Bashar Assad.