Ankara attack involved female suicide bomber: Kurtulmus
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus has said it is now certain that a suicide bomber involved in Sunday's Ankara deadly blast was a female, Anadolu agency reported.
Addressing a news conference following a Cabinet meeting chaired by Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu in Ankara Monday, Kurtulmus said: "This is now certain that a woman was the suicide bomber. I hope that she will be identified until late hours of today [Monday] night after DNA tests".
About the possibility of another bomber being involved in the terrorist attack, Kurtulmus said: "DNA tests on one male are also being carried out to check if he was bomber or victim", adding that so far the identity of this male is not certain.
Also, he said, 10 more people are now wanted in connection with the car bomb blast in central Kizilay neighborhood, which left 37 people dead and dozens others injured.
The car bomb targeted a major transport hub that includes Ankara's busiest metro station and dozens of bus stops.
According to a statement released by Turkish Health Ministry at midday Monday, 60 patients continue to receive treatment at hospitals across the capital; 13 remain in intensive care.