Official: Iran not to retreat from nuclear program
Azerbaijan, Baku, Jan. 28 / Trend F.Milad/
Foreign policy advisor to the Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Akbar Velayati said on Saturday that the country is going on with its transparent nuclear program and will not retreat from its activity.
Speaking at a press conference in Tehran, Velayati emphasized that some experts from the IAEA will arrive in Tehran on Sunday to inspect the Islamic Republic's nuclear facilities, the IRNA news agency reported.
The IAEA constantly presides over Iran's nuclear activities which are within the international regulations and conventions, he added.
The IAEA inspectors will come to Iran and the visit will take about one month," Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said earlier this month.
"But Iran is absolutely serious in maintaining its nuclear rights and will not make any concessions in this regard," the spokesman added.
The team plans to inspect the new uranium enrichment site of Fordo, south of the capital Tehran, which Iran says is to be operational in February and enrich uranium to 3.5, 4 and 20 percent.
Iran and the P5+1 have held two rounds of multifaceted talks in Geneva in December 2010 and in the Turkish city of Istanbul last January.
The United States, Israel and some of their allies accuse Tehran of pursuing military objectives in its nuclear program and have used this pretext to impose four rounds of sanctions against the Islamic Republic.
Iran has refuted the allegations, arguing that as a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Tehran has a right to use nuclear technology for peaceful use.