Azerbaijan talks on use of helicopters in operations against Armenian attacks
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Sept. 29
The information disseminated by the Armenian side that the Azerbaijani helicopter was allegedly shot down is false, Spokesman for the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense, Colonel Vagif Dargahli said, Trend reports on Sept. 29.
"The Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense states that helicopters have not been used in today's operations," Dargahli said.
Armenian armed forces launched a large-scale military attack on positions of Azerbaijani army on the front line, using large-caliber weapons, mortars and artillery on Sept. 27.
Azerbaijan responded with a counter-offensive along the entire front. As a result of retaliation, Azerbaijani troops managed to liberate the territories previously occupied by Armenia: Garakhanbeyli, Garvend, Kend Horadiz, Yukhari, Ashagi Abdulrahmanli villages (Fuzuli district), Boyuk Marjanli, and Nuzgar villages (Jabrayil district).
Moreover, the positions of the Armenian armed forces were destroyed in the direction of Azerbaijan's Agdere district and Murovdag, important heights were taken under control.
The military operations continued on Sept. 29.