Full text of Azerbaijani parliament’s statement against French Senate’s resolution(UPDATE)
Details added, first version published on 14:49
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Nov. 26
The full text of the statement of the Azerbaijani parliament in response to the resolution "Need to recognize the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic" adopted by the French Senate has been made public, Trend reports on Nov. 26.
The Azerbaijani parliament made the statement in connection with the resolution adopted on November 25, 2020, by the French Senate as a result of the instigation of certain Turkophobic and Islamophobic political circles, as well as Armenian ethnic groups operating in France.
“An end was put to the existence of the "Nagorno-Karabakh Republic" on November 2020, illegally created in the Azerbaijani territories occupied by the Armenian Armed Forces in 1988-1994 and not recognized by any country,” the statement said.
“This step of the French Senate does not fit into the commitments undertaken by France within the global strategy on the EU foreign and security policy, including documents on the territorial integrity of countries consistently adopted since 2016 by the EU Council,” the statement said.
“The implementation of the provisions of this resolution has the potential to make a crushing blow to the EU and its Eastern Partnership program,” the statement said.
- one of the main reasons for the unresolvedness of the almost 30-year-old Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, which is a threat to the security of the South Caucasus and the whole of Europe, is that the states that played the role of international mediator in peace negotiations, in particular France, didn’t call the aggressor their name, didn’t differentiate between the occupier and the occupied;
- with the support of external forces interested in the continuation of instability in the South Caucasus region, wishing to permanently disrupt peace negotiations and legitimize the occupation of Azerbaijani lands, Armenia on September 27, 2020, resorted to another provocation against Azerbaijan. However, the 44-day counter-offensive operation of Azerbaijan, which used the right to self-defense in accordance with paragraph 51 of the UN Charter, forced the occupying Armenia to peace;
- in the resolution of the French Senate there is no evidence that the Turkish Armed Forces participated in the counter-offensive operation by Azerbaijan and that mercenaries from some conflictive regions of the Middle East were used against Armenia, unfounded and falsified allegations were made about the commission of war crimes against civilians in Nagorno-Karabakh, however, no facts are given for these statements;
- on the other hand, there are irrefutable facts that chauvinist, racist and terrorist groups of mercenaries from foreign countries, including France, were used against Azerbaijan, which were brought into the war zone by Armenia, committing grave war crimes against civilians, and civilian facilities in the settlements located far from the war zone;
- during the aggressive war against Azerbaijan in 1992-1994, the Armenian Armed Forces committed a number of massacres acts against peaceful Azerbaijanis, including one of the terrible tragedies of the 20th century - the Khojaly genocide;
- Considering itself an "example" for respect to human rights and democratic values, France chose to remain silent in face of these crimes against peaceful Azerbaijanis;
- during the colonial policy, the French Armed Forces massacred hundreds of thousands of civilians for ethnic and religious affiliation. The crimes of genocide committed are an indelible dark mark in the political history of France;
- the trilateral statement signed by the presidents of Azerbaijan, Russia, and the prime minister of Armenia on November 10, 2020, put an end to the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, which lasted for more than 30 years, the occupation of Azerbaijani lands, opened the way for the further development of the South Caucasus region.
This trilateral statement restored the superiority of the norms and principles of international law, ensured the implementation of by the UN Security Council resolutions #822, 853, 874 and 884, adopted in 1993, which were also supported by France, UN General Assembly resolution #62/243, adopted in 2008, as well as documents adopted in certain years by the EU and the European Parliament, PACE, OIC, Non-Aligned Movement, ECHR, and other international structures.
The Parliament of Azerbaijan emphasized that all international organizations and states, including France, must accept new realities, formed thanks to the comprehensive efforts of Azerbaijan in the South Caucasus region, that these realities are supported by Russia and Turkey, which have authority in the region, reminds that they are also accepted by Armenia, and, taking into account the above, appeals to the government of Azerbaijan with the following:
To appeal to the OSCE leadership to withdraw France from the co-chairmanship of the OSCE Minsk Group, which, by its position and appeals of the last days, casts doubt on its independence;
Reconsider the political relations existing between Azerbaijan and France;
To deeply analyze the economic relations existing between Azerbaijan and France and take the necessary measures.