Nurlan Pirizade, a graduate of the technical lyceum named after H. Guliyev, located in the Chaytumas village in Gubadli region, is one of 33 students of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) who were awarded the Presidential scholarship in accordance with the order of President Ilham Aliyev "On granting Presidential Scholarships to students enrolled in higher educational institutions of the Republic of Azerbaijan in the 2021/2022 academic year".
He was born on May 14, 2004 in the city of Sumgayit. Because of the occupation of the Gubadli region by the Armenian armed forces, his family left their native village and settled in the city of Sumgayit. Nurlan scored 681.3 points in the entrance exams and entered the Computer Engineering Department of BHOS.
- Because of the occupation of Gubadly, your family became internally displaced persons. A year has passed since the liberation of Gubadli. How did you feel when you learned about the liberation of your native land?
- Although I did not see Gubadli, the Motherland has always remained in my heart. The liberation of my homeland gave me great motivation. It gave me the determination to work hard to become the Presidential Scholar. The heroic Azerbaijani army under the leadership of our Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev liberated our lands in 44 days and won the Great Victory. I am very happy to have witnessed this date. Seeing the bravery and heroism of our soldiers, I also gave myself a word to work hard to glorify my native land. To achieve this, I had to do well in school, go to university with high scores and receive a Presidential Scholarship. So, I worked hard, scored high in the entrance exams and was awarded the Presidential Scholarship. I am very glad that I managed to exalt the name of Gubadli.
- Why did you choose to study at Baku Higher Oil School?
- Having learned from my relatives about Baku Higher Oil School, I visited the university’s official website, learned opinions about it on social networks and found out that training at BHOS is conducted at a high level. The fact that education at BHOS is conducted in English also played a big role in my choice. I believe that studying at this university will have a positive effect on my future career, will allow me to grow as a professional.
- How did you choose your specialty?
- I am very interested in computer science. I also know that computer engineering is one of the most in-demand areas with a bright future. In this field, you can succeed as a professional. Therefore, I chose this specialty.
- How did you prepare for the exams?
- I used to be very tired when I was preparing my lessons. Then I realized that this method is not effective, since excessive fatigue reduces the effectiveness of classes, makes it difficult to understand what I read. After that, I began to work according to the system, devoting time to both lessons and rest. I stopped getting tired because I kept this balance. Therefore, I advise students to systematically prepare for the exams without getting too tired.
- What advice would you give to applicants who want to get high scores?
- First of all, I advise applicants to set a goal for themselves. After that, they should try to achieve it. Once you have set a goal, you must work hard to achieve it. It is impossible to achieve high results in exams without a goal.
- How did you feel when you saw your name on the list of Presidential Scholars?
- I felt proud. My joy knew no bounds. I am very glad that I was able to exalt the names of my parents, my school and my native Gubadli.
- What are your goals for the future?
- One of my main goals is to graduate from BHOS with high results, get a master's degree and become a professional. As a highly qualified specialist, I intend to work in my native land - Gubadli. I also want to be a worthy son of my Motherland, to raise its name, to contribute to its development as a professional.