BAKU, Azerbaijan, Mar. 11
Six checkpoints have been determined for crossing the state border between Azerbaijan and Georgia, Trend reports citing the bill "On approval of agreement between the governments of Azerbaijan and Georgia on checkpoints on the state border between the two countries".
According to the bill recommended for consideration at the plenary session of the Azerbaijani Parliament, the checkpoints include:
- Boyuk-Kesik (Azerbaijan) -Gardabani (Georgia);
- "Red Bridge" (Azerbaijan) - "Red Bridge" (Georgia);
- Mazymgara (Azerbaijan) - Tsodna (Georgia);
- Ipek Yolu (Azerbaijan) – “Abreshumis Gza” (Georgia);
- Sadakhli (Azerbaijan) - Vakhtangisi (Georgia)
- Mughanly (Azerbaijan) - Samtattskaro (Georgia).
The bill also envisages determining the principles for the application of border and customs procedures in connection with goods and vehicles, which will be transported and cross the “Ipek Yolu” – “Abreshumis Gza” checkpoint, by authorized structures of the parties through protocols.