China invests in Iran hydroelectric project
Chinese entities will invest €280 million in Iran's Roudbar hydroelectric dam project in Lorestan province, the project's manager said here on Saturday.
The Mehr News Agency quoted Morteza Qarouni-Nik as saying that, "Roudbar hydroelectric dam will come on stream at the cost of €310 million. So far 10 percent of the amount has been funded and the Chinese firm will finance the other 90 percent."
"Since 2006, 725 billion rials (around $70m) worth of bonds have been issued to finance a portion of the project''s required fund," he added.
The capacity of the Roudbar hydroelectric dam is about 450 MW and is projected to annually produce 986 million KWH of electricity.
According to Qarouni-Nik the dam will come on stream in 2013.