Azerbaijan, Baku, Aug.30 / Trend /
CIS Financial and Banking Council and International Bank of Azerbaijan with the support of the CIS Executive Committee will hold the third International Conference on the topic "Financial Institutions - basis of structural modernization of CIS countries' economies" Oct. 20-23 in Baku.
The global financial crisis visually "highlighted" painful points of the CIS countries, making particularly acute issues of complex development of the economies of the Commonwealth. In such a situation, the role of each state increases as a guarantor of favorable conditions of financing different sectoral projects and programs within public-private partnership. Now there are real prerequisites for it.
The role of the international and regional funds in financing of structural modernization, experience of national and supranational bodies of the CIS in the creation of a favorable climate and coordination of the modernization projects, importance of national intuitions of development in implementation of joint and transboundary projects in the CIS space will be discussed in the conference.
The conference will focus on financial and economic development of Azerbaijan as an important factor of the complex infrastructure modernization of the Caspian region.
The conference will be attended by:
- Yaqub Eyyubov, Azerbaijan's Deputy Prime Minister, CIS Economic Council member;
- S. Lebedev , chairman of CIS Execution Committee - CIS Executive Secretary;
- A. Kudrin, Deputy Prime-Minister of the Government of the Russian Federation, Finance Minister of the Russian Federation;
- E. Rustamov, chairman of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan;
- G. Marchenko, chairman of Kazakhstan National Bank;
- G. Luntovski, Deputy Chairman of Russian Bank;
- A. L.Kostin, chairman of VTB Bank, CIS Financial and Banking Council President;
- J. Hajiyev, chairman of International Bank of Azerbaijan;
- S.Aristov, deputy Minister of Transport of Russia;
- F. Shimchak, director of Department of Transport, Telecommunications and Corporate Direction in Russia, Eastern Europe, South Caucasus, in EIB partner states.
- V. Dmitriyev, chairman of Vneshekonombank
- A. Murichev, Russian vice-president of Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs
- I. Finogenov, chairman of Eurasian Development Bank
- S. Chernishov, director of Department of Economic Cooperation with the CIS countries of Russian Economic Development Ministry;
- F. A.Abdulloyev, CIS Economic Court chairman;
- A.K.Arystanov, chairman of Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan on regulation of activities of the regional financial centre of Almaty city
- S. P.Pisarik, Belarusbank deputy chairman
- N. Saidmurodov, chairman of Tajikistan's Agroinvestbank
- D. T.Moldagaliyev, chairman of Kazakhstan's Qazpochta JSC
The conference was also attended by the heads of authorities of Russia, Azerbaijan and other CIS countries, representatives of banks and businesses, public organizations.
The conference's Organizing Committee:
Tel: + 7 (495) 621-95-69
fax: + 7 (495) 621-74-51
Forum Press Center
Elena Korotkova, Conference spokeswoman
+7 (495) 621-74-51, 627-31-02, +7 (985) 765 41 32