Dynamics of Azerbaijan’s automobile market slightly dicrease in July

Business Materials 30 August 2013 20:03 (UTC +04:00)

Azerbaijan, Baku, Aug. 30 /Trend E. Aliyev/

In July the dynamics of the automobile market of Azerbaijan declined slightly, a report of the Property Market Participants public organization on results of the monitoring of Baku automobile market said on Friday.

According to the report, the decline in demand and dynamics in the automobile market did not affect prices. In particular, in July the average price of automobiles in the market did not change, compared to the previous month and remained at 16,460 manats.

"The decline in dynamics in July affected the cars' demonstration terms, which grew by 1.7 percent - to 41.3 days" the organization's experts said.

In July the organization monitored the secondary automobile market which covered 15,000 automobiles. Some 21 percent out of these cars were presented to the market in June, and some 79 percent were those remaining from the previous months.

The mass flow of second-hand cars to the Azerbaijani market significantly decreased from early 2013.

In July the offers for Mercedes brand cars, which have been for a long time holding the leading position in the secondary market, decreased by 1.9 percent in comparison to June. Alongside with this, the share of cars of this brand amounted to 35 percent in the market, the report said.

In July, there was a decrease in the offers for nine main automobile brands, which form the offer portfolio in the market.

The greatest decrease was recorded in the offers for VAZ brand cars - 3.7 percent.

These nine automobile brands account for the 86.7 percent of the market, and more than 80 brands of over 20 manufacturers account for the remaining 13.3 percent.

Official rate for August 30 is 0.7844 AZN/USD.