Turkey announces tender on big tunnel infrastructure
Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec. 24
By Rufiz Hafizoglu - Trend:
Turkey has announced a tender for the creation of infrastructure for one of the largest tunnels - 'Eurasia', which stretches under the Bosphorus, the Turkish HaberTurk newspaper wrote Dec. 24.
Some 12 companies are the tender participants:
- Geodata SPA-Su Yapı Mühendislik AŞ İş Ortaklığı;
- Arcadis-Prota Mühendislik Proje Danışmanlık Hizmetleri AŞ İş Ortaklığı;
- IDOM Ingerieria y Consultoria SAU;
- Yooshin Enginering Corporation;
- Tecnimont Civil Construction SPA;
- AECOM Asia Company Limited;
- Yüksel Proje Uluslararası AŞ;
- Ferconsult SA-Amberg Enginering AG-Euroestudios SL-Cenor Consultores, SA İş Ortaklığı;
- Italfer SPA-Proyapı Mühendislik Müşavirlik AŞ İş Ortaklığı;
- CPG Consultants PTE LDT-Yeni Doğanlar İnşaat İthalat İhracat İş Ortaklığı;
- Sintagma Srl-SWS Engineering SPA-ERKA-AS Proje İş Ortaklığı;
- Systra SA.
The tender winner will be determined within one month.
The construction of the Eurasia tunnel in Istanbul has been completed by nearly 95 percent.
Eurasia tunnel will be put into operation in Turkey in 2016.
The construction of the tunnel, which will connect the European and Asian parts of the Istanbul city, is conducted at a depth of 95 meters.
Eurasia tunnel will link the Kazlicesme and Goztepe districts of Istanbul and reduce the travel time between them from 100 minutes to 15 minutes.
Turkey's General Directorate of Highways said that 187 tunnels have been constructed in the country and the length of 113 of them exceeds 500 meters.
The length of 28 tunnels reaches one kilometer, 14 tunnels - over two kilometers and three tunnels - three kilometers. The length of the largest tunnel in Turkey exceeds three kilometers.
The length of the rest of the tunnels is up to 500 meters.
follow the author on Twitter: @rhafizoglu