Azerbaijan’s Texno-Atinak talks on implementation of expensive project in Uzbekistan

Business Materials 5 July 2019 11:28 (UTC +04:00)

Baku, Azerbaijan, July 5

By Matanat Nasibova – Trend:

Implementation of an expensive water and sewer project in Uzbekistan will be completed by Azerbaijani engineering company Texno-Atinak this autumn, Elnur Ahmadov, executive director of the company, told Trend.

He said that within the project, the company completed 85 percent of the work on the laying of water pipes and sewage systems.

“There are plans to lay 160 kilometers of polyethylene pipes, and the work will be completed by November this year,” he added. “The project cost is $12 million; 70 percent of the amount accounts for the World Bank, and the remaining 30 percent was invested by the Uzbek authorities at the expense of the local government’s budget.”

The director noted that the company’s representatives are in talks with Uzbek partners on new projects in Uzbekistan.

“We are ready to implement new large-scale projects in Uzbekistan. We have already received proposals, and discussions are in the active phase,” he added. “We plan to conclude new contracts for the construction of water pipes and sewage systems, including in the regions of Uzbekistan.”

The director added that along with the implementation of infrastructure projects abroad, the company is also engaged in the rental of various equipment and technical means, including excavators, loaders, mobile and tower cranes and compressors for the implementation of infrastructure projects.

Texno-Atinak was established in 2011 to implement infrastructure projects in the region.