Iran’s tea production increases

Business Materials 24 August 2021 14:11 (UTC +04:00)
Iran’s tea production increases

BAKU, Azerbaijan, Aug. 24

By Elnur Baghishov – Trend:

Iran's dry tea production increased by 25 percent during the first five months of the current Iranian year (from March 21 through August 22, 2021), compared to the same period last Iranian year, the Chairman of Iran Tea Organization, Habib Jahansaz told IRIB, Trend reports.

The chairman noted that Iran produced 25,700 tons of dry tea over the 5 months.

Jahansaz added that a total of 114,000 tons of tea leaves worth 6.5 trillion rials (about $155 million) were purchased from farmers in Iran within the five months. About 80 percent of the money has been paid to farmers.

“So, 51 percent of purchased tea leaves was 1st grade, while 49 percent was 2nd grade,” he said.

According to the chairman, in the 5 months, the Iranian government provided 130 billion rials (about $3.1 million) worth of loans to tea farmers.

As reported, the price of first-grade tea leaves is 66,900 rials (about $1.59), and the second-grade tea leaves are 44,800 rials (about $1.06) in this season.


Follow the author on Twitter:@BaghishovElnur