Large international gas conference to take place in Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan, Baku, September 4 / Trend /
Gas Infrastructure World Caspian 2009 international conference will take place in Baku on September 14-16 for the first time.
"Europe experiences an urgent problem of guaranteed energy supply, and the diversification of energy supplies is amongst the priorities of the European Commission. The countries of the Caspian region have substantial reserves, which offer good opportunities for the buyers of gas in Europe," mentioned in report of the meeting organizer - British Terrapinn Company.
The conference will focus on the following issues:
- Increasing the capacity of the gas industry of the Caspian Sea;
- Reforming the global gas market and its potential impact on the Caspian region;
- Inter-governmental cooperation, which promotes the export of gas from the Caspian region,
- Identifying key factors of influence on future export routes for Caspian gas;
- Defining investment framework for large-scale gas projects in the Caspian;
- Developing a unified structure of procurement and transportation of gas, the Nabucco gas pipeline project, White Stream project, Trans-Caspian gas pipeline project, as well as the transportation of Caspian gas through the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP).
The conference is expected to be attended by Rovnag Abdullayev, President of SOCAR, Kristian Hausken, President of StatoilHydro Azerbaijan, Andris Piebalgs, Commissioner for Energy at European Commission, Alexandre Khetaguri, Georgian Energy Minister, Azizollah Ramezani, Vice-Chairman & Managing Director of National Iranian Gas Company, Reinhard Mitschek, Managing Director of Nabucco Gas Pipeline, Hüseyin Saltuk Duzyol, President & Chief Executive Officer of BOTAS and André Mernier, the Secretary General of the Energy Charter Secretariat.