Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, Jan. 6 / Trend H.Hasanov /
Turkmen President Gurbangulu Berdimuhammedov signed a decree to appoint Irina Bayramova the Director of the Oil and Gas Institute under the Turkmengaz state concern.
Earlier, the institute's Deputy Director for geological and research work, Annadurdy Meretgeldiyev had been performing the duties of the director.
Turkmenistan is the largest natural gas supplier in Central Asia. Turkmengaz is currently engaged in:
- Development of gas and gas condensate fields;
- Production of gas and gas condensate;
- Processing of natural gas;
- Transportation of gas, gas condensate and liquefied gas;
- Export of gas and its products, as well as their sales within the country;
- Drilling of development wells in the eastern part of Turkmenistan;
- Development of new forms of mutually beneficial international relations.